Quinoa Rainbow Salad
On Thursday night we had some friends over. I had a bunch of produce on hand that I needed to use soon so that it wouldn't go bad, so I decided to throw it all into a salad with Quinoa. The result was this beautiful rainbow salad that I just couldn’t resist taking a picture of and sharing. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Recipe:
- Eggplant (I had roasted this a few days before and let it marinate in olive oil, but I think next time I would just sauté it and through it in the salad)
- Zucchini, cut in chunks and sautéed
- Green Pepper, cut in chunks and sautéed
- Red Pepper, cut in chunks and left raw
- Tomatoes (I used baby tomatoes and cut them in quarters)
- Carrots (I used a peeler to cut them into small slices)
- About a cup and a half of Quinoa (I soaked it in about a cup and a half of water and a tablespoon or two of whey over night. Then I cooked it in additional water until soft – you could also just follow the instructions on the package)
- Radishes (thinly sliced)
- Fresh Basil (coarsely chopped)
- Dressing (I made a quick dressing by mixing a bit of olive oil and white wine vinegar with some mustard, salt and Herbes De Provence – you could use any dressing that you like though)
Mix everything together and enjoy! This makes a great summer time dish. You could also add any other veggies you want, leave them raw or cook them however you desire.
Rejoicing in the journey - Bethany Stedman
This post has been entered in the Slightly Indulgent Tuesday’s at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free. Check out the links for lots of other great posts.