What Would You Tell Your Pre-Mommy Self
Today on facebook Kellymom and the Best For Babes Foundation both shared this video and I couldn’t resist sharing it with you all as well. It made me cry watching it. The concept is that they asked moms the question “If you could go back to before your first baby, what would you tell yourself?” The video is filled with the answers that a group of moms gave.
It got me thinking what my answer to the question would be. So many of the answers given on the video were things that I could totally relate to and agree with. Here are a few little additional things that I would tell the pre-mommy me:
- Ask for help. And not just from your husband.
- You are stronger than you think you are.
- You will get a lot of conflicting advice about how to mother. You will try things that don’t work for you. That’s ok - keep trying things. Follow your instincts. You know better than anyone else what’s best for YOUR child.
- Surround yourself with moms who parent in ways that you like, admire, respect and want to imitate. It’ll make things so much easier.
- Being a mom is hard. Focus on the good stuff. Count your blessings and practice being thankful regularly.
Ok, so those are just a few things I’d want to tell myself that quickly came to mind. If you’re a mom, what would you tell your pre-mommy self??
Rejoicing in the journey - Bethany Stedman